top of page

One Breath at a Time

Public·29 members

Hi everyone. This week we read up to pg. 37 so we will be starting there next week. We discussed "coming to believe" in terms of a higher power and ceasing fighting "whatever war we are fighting" . I appreciated how meditation lets us see our judging mind and question if our opinions are really ours? "once we see the habitual, relative, and conditioned nature of our opinions, it becomes easier to open to new ideas" pg.36

Our contemplation question for the week is what opinions have you had to revise or let go of in recovery that you previously thought identified you? Are there any?

And where have you " mistaken the movie of (y)our mind for Truth" pg.33?

For me, I thought that if I wasn't one with the crowd, I was nothing. I did whatever I needed to do and thought whatever I needed to think to fit in so I had to discover what my own opinions even were once I was sober. Now it takes some mindful awareness and conscious thought to keep an open mind and keep "bertha" (the critical, judging voice in my head) from writing the script of my life. She often seems louder than the truth, and that's when I'm even more grateful for spiritual practices like meditation that allow me to step outside the "movie of my mind" and let go of judgment...or at least try to.

What about you?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

S C

About

Join the discussion!

Members

bottom of page